ROOT OUT HUNGER: -
(a) What is this hunger problem? The next major problem of the world
is hunger. Roughly, 20% of the world population is suffering from
hunger. Hunger is the cruelest enemy of humanity. In fact, hunger
is directly and in many cases indirectly responsible for major disturbances
and troubles. Therefore rooting out hunger is a must. If hunger is
rooted out, a major portion of the world problems will be eliminated.
(b) Is it not a government's problem? What is it that an individual
can do for this? To root out hunger individual governments are advised
to take requisite measures. Here a few important and simple suggestions
are mentioned as below for individual families to ROOT OUT HUNGER
as well as to get direct and indirect benefits.
1. Keep your family strength smallest to root out hunger.
Purchase food grains and commodities periodically instead of purchasing
in bulk at a time. This will save your family from waste and helps
to maintain stocks in the market that leads to price reduction.
3. Grains saved from wastage are equivalent to grains produced. So
protect the grains from rats, insects, water, fire etc.
4. Raw foods are nutritious, easily digestible, healthy and required
in less quantity. Eating of thoroughly cleaned raw food is more beneficial
in all respects. Therefore vegetable salad is advisable along with
5. Consume less grains and more green leaves, vegetables, fruits etc.
6. Cook just the required quantity for the meal.
7. If by chance, excess food is prepared, preserve it carefully, and
utilize it fully at the earliest, without any wastage.
8. Eat all seasonal green leaves, vegetables, fruits, etc. They will
work as antibiotics against seasonal diseases.
9. Use every little empty space around your house, land and cultivate
green leaves, vegetables and fruits. If space is very little, even
then at least utilize it by growing vegetable creepers. In case if
you do not have empty space around your house, go for roof gardening.
HOME/TERRACE GARDENING:- 30 pots of terrace garden can yield enough
vegetables throughout the year for a family of 6. With right care
you can cultivate greens, vegetables, fruits, herbs and medicinal
plants. Home gardening is an interesting hobby and good exercise for
the gardener. Grown vegetables are nutritious. Home gardening increases
greenery and provides more oxygen and house becomes cooler.
10. Vegetable food is economical, hygienic, healthy and easily digestible.
It suits to all ages.
11. Vegetarianism is a silent revolution that changes fatal diseased
lives to good health. It increases productivity at work place.
12. Eat your food in pleasant surroundings and happy moods (In bad
moods saliva wouldn't be secreted properly and stomach releases unwanted
gastric juices). To avoid bad moods, cut a couple of jokes. Laughter
reduces blood pressure, heart rate and stress; improves mental functions,
helps in body fighting infection, protects the stomach from ulcers
and relaxes body muscles.
13. In season, when the vegetables, fruits are available in plenty
at low prices, buy them and preserve them as pickles, chutneys, jams,
jellies, juices, syrups, ketchups, dry fruits and dry vegetables to
use them later.
14. In winter, solid foods are suitable. In summer, take less solid
foods and more seasonal/suitable foods like fruits/vegetable salads,
juices, sherbets, buttermilk, curd etc.
15. Use more sprouts, greens, and vegetables and fruit salads. They
are economical, nutritious, fresh and tasty, need no cooking and help
prevents many diseases like cancer etc.
16. Due to lack of awareness, some people eat excess food than their
body requirement when it is available more or tasty. It leads to negative
effects than positive ones. One should eat moderately only as per
his age, weight, work and digestive capacity.
17. For the growing world hunger because of bursting world population,
the best, economical and tasty alternative is Amaranthus.
18. Use rice and wheat old grains. In case of rice, use unpolished
rice and in case of wheat, use unsieved flour for optimum benefits.
19. Make it a habit all the family members to have meals at a time.
20. SKIP A MEAL A WEEK TO ROOT OUT HUNGER AND MAKE YOUR PURSE STRONGER.
Fasting reduces the process of aging and will keep the body cells
free from disease. By following the above guidelines not only you
can save up to 20 % in your kitchen, which is your direct, easy and
huge savings, but also benefit the whole society in bringing down
the food prices, and ensuring easy accessibility/availability to all.
SOLE SOLUTION: SELF STRUGGLE- SUSTAIN SAVINGS